The world’s 2nd highest number of motorcycle accidents happens in Thailand. 80% of motorcyclist fatalities occur on rural roads and the danger increases when riders ride alone, or at night. In many cases, head injury causes riders to lose their consciousness, leaving them unable to call for help. By the time emergency rescue team or someone notices, it’s too late. When the time is ticking, is there something that can help riders when they need it most?
In cooperation with ThaiHealth’s Road Safety Project, we created HELPMET, the world’s first helmet that can detect a serious head impact and call for help when riders are unconscious.
HELPMET is an advanced motorcycle helmet that redefines the emergency rescue process, making response and rescue possible in situations where it was not previously. HELPMET revolutionizes the accident reporting process from the current voice-based method—which depends on the victim or passersby—to a more immediate and responsive digital method.
It features built-in Piezo shock sensor, built-in GPS, and GSM Cellular technology. With the shock sensor, if the head impact is measured and exceeded 95 g-force, a dangerous level that leads to unconsciousness, an emergency SMS will be sent by HELPMET to the National Emergency Centre and the rider’s emergency contact in real-time, with the rider’s geolocation and important health information such as blood type, medical record, and insurance information that the rider’s registered in the website for an immediate rescue.
How it works :
1. The head impact exceeds 95 g-force in the crash.
2. An emergency SMS will be sent to the National Emergency Centre and rider’s emergency contact.
3. The rescue team will follow GPS to the crash site for immediate rescue.
• More than 500 users signed up for HELPMET’s 1st phase and use it on the road daily.
• HELPMET has been used to protect lives on the road for more than 200,000 miles and still counting.
• Thousands of riders have registered to purchase HELPMET in the up-coming release.
• HELPMET has created rescue opportunities where they previously did not exist.
Cannes Lions 2016 (Mobile), Bronze
Cannes Lions 2016 (Cyber), Shortlist
Oneshow 2017 (Mobile), Merit
WARC Innovation Awards 2017, Silver
Adfest 2017 (Direct), Silver
Adfest 2017 (Promo), Bronze
Spike Asia 2016 (Design), Bronze
The Work 2016